Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling Professional Baseball instructor traveling for free?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling Professional Baseball instructor traveling for free?

I am a full-time employee working 40 hours a week in Minnesota for a professional athletic training school. My title is Regional Instructor. I was offered a salary of $2000 monthly, however, my travel expenses are not covered by a mileage reimbursement or a time-consumed dollar amount agreement.

My weekly travel is approximately 500 miles and as much as 800 miles. I asked my employer about a travel expense as I was hired under the notion that my travel would be to locations within my immediate area (30 miles or less) and he said "that is your issue, not mine."

I need some help in figuring what a tactful and respectful approach would be to address this issue with my employer. At the present rate of 44.5 cents a mile for business miles driven (Standard Mileage Rate) I would be receiving a low estimate reimbursement amount of $890 for the month.

I am putting thousands of miles on my vehicle for work and not getting compensated or reimbursed from my employer for any this. I cannot afford this.

Any ideas?

There is no law in your state requiring the employer to reimburse employees for business-related expenses. You should be able to take a deduction of some amount for nonreimbursed business expenses on your 1040; keep good records and see your tax preparer. If the employer won't negotiate with you on this issue, that's about all you CAN do, except find another position.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X