This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my position for no reason

I have worked for a computer refurbishing co. for 1 1/2 years. I was made lead over our systems department in Aug. 2005. In Nov. We had a lay off of 22 people. One of them was my superviser. The new person in charge took my job and gave it to one of his guy's from the laptop department. They told me that they picked the person with the most experince in software. We do not load sofware on the systems we send out. I was very upset because I knew they lied to me. They came to me the next day and told me they would have given him my supervisers position but it was no longer avalible so he got my position. He has never worked systems and does not know how our department works. It has been over a month and he still has not learned to work a system. He surfs the web while at work rather than learn.
    I am still suposed to help him but I find that hard to do. I believe it was wrong for them to do this to me. I am the only white woman that works in the lab. I have a degree in electronics, I dont miss time at work and I get the job done right. This co. is in Texas. Is there something I can do about this. I have talked to my new supervisers boss and was told the same thing my superviser told me. I think my superviser has a problem with a female making her way up in this co.

If you feel that you lost your position because of your gender, you can file a complaint with the EEOC or your state human rights commission.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X