This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job accepted was changed

I recently gave 2 weeks notice and quit a Bookkeeping job to accept a position as an Accounts Payable Clerk. (I work in NJ for a large corporation)
    I was hired to replace the person who had been handling Accounts Payable because a new position had been created for that individual.

On the 4th day at my new job, I was informed by the person I was replacing that the company had changed their mind. They were keeping this individual in Accounts Payable and were going to find "something else" for me to do.

I feel like I'm a victim of Bait & Switch. The job I now have is not the one I applied for and accepted. Had I been told at the interview this position would require me to do X and Y, I would have said no thanks and kept my old job until I found something suitable.

Are employers allowed to do this to people?

Unfortunately, yes, they can do this. Now if you had said that they terminated you after only 4 days, that is entirely different.

Just see what they have to offer you. You never know, it could be a better opportunity.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X