This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military laws on breaks

my older sister works in the military base in virginia and she works at the golf course (food area), she works between 6-8 a day. she told me that they are not permitted to take lunch breaks, not even a 15 minute break during a 6-8 hour shift. i dont know the military laws but i am livid and i dont think that it's right. my sister is one of those kind,passive person who wouldnt stand up to anyone and so as her little sister i feel that it's my job. please if anyone knows the military laws i would really appreciate the advice and info ASAP. my sis is 36 by the way. thank you all

It may or may not be unfair, but unless the employer who runs the facility or the military itself requires breaks or lunch periods, what they are doing is not illegal, as the law does not require rest breaks or meal periods for workers over the age of 16.
    http://www.dli.state.va.us/whatwedo/...w/lla_faq.html
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X