Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

hotel humdinger

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hotel humdinger

    i work for a company in pennsylvania and we are required to travel. on some of the jobs we make prevailing wages. the company thinks that we make to much money and is now trying to make us pay for our own hotel exspenses! i dont think this is right since they are the ones requiring us to be out of town. just wondering if someone could give me some usefull info. thanks

  • #2
    There is no law in PA requiring an employer to reimburse business expenses incurred by the employee. I'm not saying that's fair, but it's not illegal.
    However, if your unreimbursed business expenses exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income on your 1040, you can deduct at least part of them, if not all. You should see a tax preparer/advisor if you are not familiar with these provisions.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      When you say they want you to pay for the hotel what do you mean?

      Do you mean that they will pay and then deduct the amount from your pay?

      Or do you mean that they just want you to pay out of your pocket?

      You mentioned that some of the jobs were prevailing wage jobs that required travel? Is the travel within the state or out of state, that may make a difference.



      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.