This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday pay in California

I am sheduled to work 9 - 6 Tuesday thru Saturday.
    I am an hourly employee.
    My companies paid holiday calendar states that we will be paid 8 hours of holiday pay for Thanksgiving day and the day after.

I had to take an unpaid day off on the day before Thanksgiving to run someone to the hospital ( my supervisor verbally approved this verbal request ).
    My company is now refusing to pay me any holiday pay since I did not work the scheduled day before AND scheduled day after the scheduled holidays.
    Everyone else in the company received the holiday pay.

What can I do about this? Yes, it is only two days, but had I known they were not going to pay me, I would have come in and worked those days.

Many companies have policies that state that employees must work the day before and the day after a holiday to get holiday pay. While it would have been helpful for them to clarify this information upfront for all employees, the policy is not illegal.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X