This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hit in the face by supervisor

My supervisor struck me on the side of my face when i told her i could not work overtime. what are my legal options? If if hit her back do i no longer have options to have her disciplined?

i am at a loss as to how to proceed.
    Last edited by vrenee; 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM.

Geee, That's Offul.
    I've Heard Of All Kinds Of Behiviors At Work Place, But Hitting An Employee...
    I Think You Should Of Charge Her For Battery; Assault.

Comment

File a police report. Report this to the HR representative, owner, or whomever. "You" cannot have her disciplined; the company has to do that.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

My supervisor struck me on the side of my face when i told her i could not work overtime. what are my legal options? Report her behavior to the police and to company management.

If if hit her back do i no longer have options to have her disciplined? (a) You can't HAVE her disciplined - that's not your call to make, and (b) you will also be guilty of criminal assault. Hitting her back would be a very stupid move.

Comment

Report it, not much suit

I recently had an issue with a guy who's boss put out the employee's lit cigarette on his forehead. Said he was going to get him to quit smoking. Boss was walking away laughing.

I don't think the employee thought it was funny, but who knows?

in any event, in that case the options were to file a police report and sue for workmens' comp. Actually, the guy may try to go around workmens' comp into the tort arena, but this is beyond your circumstances. That guy couldn't report it to anyone since the boss was literally the boss - the owner.

you can and should report it. you might file a police report. if injured (physically, not just your pride), you might also file a workmens' comp claim as is your right for all injuries suffered in the workplace. Beyond that, you don't have much, where it doesn't really amount to a tort case involving pain and suffering, punitive damages, etc.

good luck,
          curt j.

Comment

Thanks For Your Advice

Thanks to everyone for your sympathy and advice.
            This is a terrible situation. I am scared to work with this person for fear they may hit me again. I do not even want to be near them.
            I have filed a report and the company is proceeding with handling the situation. Hopefully it will have a just outcome.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X