This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want someone to tell me how to tell my parents

hi everyone i need really big help i need to know if anyone can tell me how to tell my parents about letting them know i am datin a 20 year old man i love him so much we have fought but that is over stupid reason i have tried to tell him i havent told them but he wants them to accept them but i know they wont because of something that happened with my brother and my now ex best friend... but i want to tell them i am just scared to... does any one know how to tell your parents your datin but u havent and plan on not having sex... i would appriecate it if you could help me how to tell them...

How old are you?

Comment

my age

Originally posted by Beth3
      How old are you?

i am 16 years old and i want to keep him he has treated me the best i can be treated unlike my ex boyfriend who threw me on the bed he doesnt want sex or anything like that he wants to be with me we know the consequences... and i am not even thinking about sex i could care less so could he... he is a sweet man i love him.. and he loves me but i am 16 years old

Comment

A 20-year old man who's not interested in having sex? Okay, that'll be a first.

If you two do engage in sexual relations, your boyfriend very likely could be on the hook for statutory rape depending on what State you're in, should your parents wish to press charges.

This particular board deals with employment law issues, not teen advice but if you want to know how to tell your parents about who you're dating, you simply need to tell them. If you think your parents will object to your dating a 20-year old man, it could be that they have good reason. Most parents would object to their 16-year old daughter dating a 20-year old.

Comment

right but to me

Originally posted by Beth3
          A 20-year old man who's not interested in having sex? Okay, that'll be a first.

If you two do engage in sexual relations, your boyfriend very likely could be on the hook for statutory rape depending on what State you're in, should your parents wish to press charges.

This particular board deals with employment law issues, not teen advice but if you want to know how to tell your parents about who you're dating, you simply need to tell them. If you think your parents will object to your dating a 20-year old man, it could be that they have good reason. Most parents would object to their 16-year old daughter dating a 20-year old.

ur right i should tell them but to me it seems age shouldnt matter i know i am not ready for sex and he promised me if we would ever have sex we would not have sex until i am ready but i know he will not force me to have it... my mom and dad want whats best for me but i want to be happy his family loves me and he has been throught hell.. when i he told me i am his world and i make him happy i know my parents would let me be with him... no matter what happens he will stay with me no matter what happenes... i am praying my hardest that they let us date we will not do anything illegal because i am not ready for it i will not throw away my life for that... no way i just want to be with him... we want to get married when we both know we arte ready but i want to tell them but i know they will kill me if they knew about him so i really want to tell them.. but if i do i will want to run away forever and be with him i know a man shouldnt matter but he doesnt want me to leave him im not going anywhere i am stayin with him ...until i die

Comment

Let me give this a try....

This is usually where all of the human resource professional usually post replies to employment laws and discussions. Usually I am all about gender equality...EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SUBJECT. Men are DAWGS...WOOF WOOF! They will do whatever it takes, however, just to get in your pants!

I am with Beth on this one. I HAVE NEVER MET A 20 YEAR OLD MAN THAT IS NOT INTERESTED IN SEX!!! Or a 30 year old man, or a 40 year old man......
            As a matter of fact, the last 100 men who have tried to get into my Victoria Secret's, have used some small variation of the lines you just told me!!! I know a guy that used to tell girls that he was more interested in their minds, the girls would get all hot and bothered for him, and then, he would just say, "You know, this just isn't right. Not now. I respect you." He even said that after turning them down a few times, that would guarantee him a really good lay from them. Keep them wanting more...

Let me give you some really good girl to girl advice. I think that I am well qualified to render this advice because I am old enough to have learned from my many, many mistakes BUT I AM YOUNG ENOUGH TO REMEMBER HOW SO VERY GOOD IT FELT TO BE MAKING THEM.

Don't just lock yourself down to one guy. I don't doubt that you care very much for him. But what about other guys? Don't you want the satisfaction of knowing that HE REALLY IS THE RIGHT ONE? I like to compare it to dessert. How would I know that Black Tie Chocolate Mousse Cake from Olive Garden is my absolute favorite in the world if I had never tried any other sweets, ever?

I respect you very much for maintaining your chastity, and really, I do hope that he is the right one for you. HOWEVER, speaking as a parent of three girls, YOU ARE DEAD WHEN YOUR PARENTS FIND OUT! And he is so locked up for statutory rape, EVEN IF YOU NEVER HAD SEX (and no, that's not entirely legal), because, after all, who in the world will ever really believe that a 20 year old didn't want any?

Comment

Another board, and dump the guy

Go to another, appropriate board, please. This is to better answer your needs, a board which may be more versed in affairs of the heart.

But, I can offer this: get rid of that guy quickly. Why in the world is a 20 yr. old dating a 16 yr. old. That's generally illegal in itself. More importantly, he's taking advantage of you somehow, someway. Emotionally, sexually (even if not intercourse), etc. 16 year olds make a lot of mistakes, ask anyone. That's learning. Some you regret, some you come to laugh about. But the key is to make those mistakes with another 16 year old (or 15 or 17, etc.) This way you're both learning and no one is predatory. This guy sounds predatory.

And, take it from a man that this guy absolutely wants sex. Its called reverse psychology.

Well, whatever, good luck and go elsewhere.

Curt J.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X