This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA withholding pay question

I work for a small company owned by a big corporation. We were bought by them in 2002. Now we found out that they want our paychecks to be a week behind, to match the other companys they own. So our last paycheck of the year will be for 40hrs instead of 80. Is this legal in Pennsylvania ??????? They said we can use our vacation time to make up for the difference. If thier is a law please let me know. Thanks

Yes, it is probably legal. What it sounds like they are doing is changing the pay date to be one week in arrears, instead of paying current. Example: paycheck is dated Friday and the pay period ends that same Friday; that's called paying "current". Now the pay period will end on the same Friday, but you will be paid the following Friday; that's called paying "in arrears". That makes perfect business sense, because they don't have to estimate hours, then make corrections the following on the subsequent paycheck. Hopefully, they sent out a communication in writing that explained this. Ask the payroll person or HR if you are still confused.

And if this is NOT what they are going to do, please post back.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 11-15-2005, 11:30 PM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X