X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevada, do i get a ten minute paid break

i work a 4-5 hour shift

i work at sizzler and my boss says that i do not get a paid ten minute break because it doesnt say he has to on the poster in the employee room that he is required to have.

i looked on the net and a few places say that he does.

on average i usually get a small break to eat but it is always a hastle to get it. a few nights ago it became a huge hastle to get a break to eat food and my emplower said he was going to clock me out for the break if i did eat. i wound up eating on the clock, but i was never given permission to eat on the clock.

this guy is a pain in the butt and all the other managers are nice and let me eat on the clock which usually isnt more than five minutes. i dont want to get anyone in trouble, but i need to know if i am right so i can throw it in his face.

it would be helpful if i were told of a credible source so i could present the information without say, "these people on this forum said" if you know what i mean.

Not, "the people on this forum say", because your boss doesn't know us from Adam. How about showing him this, however:
    http://www.laborcommissioner.com/faqs.htm

And this, which is either not the poster he has up, or he missed #4:
    http://www.laborcommissioner.com/docs/rules.doc
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X