This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum hours between shifts...

I work security for a contractor company in West Virginia. I Am wondering if there is a law that states there is a minimum number of hours required between shifts?

Currently examples of concern are working from 11pm-7am followed by returning at 2pm for a four hour shift. Also, at times they schedule employees for a 4 hour shift followed by a 5 hour break before an 8 hour shift.

Are these scheduling issues legal? Does WV have shift work labor laws that require employees to have 8 hours between shifts?

I scanned the text of the labor laws in West Virginia and could find nothing regarding how many hours an employee could be limited to working in a 24-hour period, nor any law requiring a certain number of hours between shifts. It may or may not be wise to have a short period of time between shifts, for safety reasons, if nothing else, but I could find nothing requiring it.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X