Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Paycheck problems in Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pattymd
    There is no specific law in Texas (nor most other states) that mandate a time frame within which paycheck errors must be corrected. However, you are free to contact the Texas Workforce Commission to see if they will help you.

    Leave a comment:

  • knightrd
    started a topic Paycheck problems in Texas

    Paycheck problems in Texas

    I recently started working for a company in Texas that has a lot of payroll problems. They seem to have a policy that if there is a mistake on your paycheck and the amount of the mistake isn't at least 25% of your 2 week gross, you must wait A MINIMUM of 2 weeks before you have your money.

    Is there anything in the law that would protect an employee in this situation? If I don't show up for work they can fire me. If I don't do work, I can't expect to be paid for it. Yet if they make a mistake (which happens A LOT), I am supposed to be penalized?

    I've heard many horror stories since I've began working there. Sometimes employees have to wait up to 4 weeks to get money that is due to them. Besides being fundamentally unfair and unethical, this seems like a warning sign to me. My only obvious choice is to find another job -- which I am willing to do since they seem to have so little respect for their employees.

    How long can I legally be made to go without wages that I've earned? What recourse (other than the obvious job hopping) do I have under state institutions or laws?
    Last edited by knightrd; 11-12-2005, 07:09 AM.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.