This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commission problem in California

I have been working for a medical delivery business for two months which pays me in commission. We were told at an "orientation meeting" that we would have to pay for our own gas and that it would run about $150.00 per week. In the newspaper ad and at the orientation meeting it was stated that we could make anywhere between $400-800 per week. At the orientation I was told that we were paid on commission per delivery we made (50% of the invoice). Also, it is important to know that our first check (and means of verifying the compensation we would receive) would not be received for three to four weeks.

In short, I ended up spending over $1200.00 in gas and after waiting for my second pay period check (a whopping $120.00)I quit and after several demands I was given what my employer referred to as the final payment. (@$312.00) I informed them this was about $900.00 short, but he literally walked away and ignored me.

Note: This post is a condensed version of a previous post to which nobody had replied. I was afraid I may have had rambled to much on the first posting and so I'm resubmitting this shorten version. If more detail is desired please refer to "Commissions for Medical Delivery in CA".

I know they have violated atleast two sections of the California Labor Code, but how should I proceed? Please help!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X