X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimum daily hours?

Hello...

I live in Arkansas for a nationally known retailer as a "lead" (lower level management - paid hourly). The manager of the store has instituted a new weekly meeting for all lead managment personnel.
    1)The meeting occurs on Monday mornings - my normal day off.
    2)The length of the meeting is supposed to last approximately one hour.
    3)A meeting that I am "required" to go to even though it happens on my regular day off. (Before being promoted, I filled out an Hours Availability form which states that the only day I am NOT available is Monday)

My question: Is there a state(AR)/federal law which addresses the issue of what is the minimum daily hours that can be scheduled for an employee? I vaguely remember a two-hour minimum or am I just imagining that?

Thanks for your input in advance,

littlekub

No, there is not. Some states have a "reporting pay" requirement, but Arkansas is not one of them. And even if they did, reporting pay has to do with requiring a minimum number of hours of pay when you report for your regularly scheduled shift and are sent home before your shift is completed. It does not refer to being called in for meeting or other work if it occurs on your scheduled day off. Sorry, you have no legal footing to refuse to attend the meeting.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

Well poo!

Thank you very much for the information. Have a great weekend.

littlekub

Comment

Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but thanks for the thanks, anyway.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X