Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about not receiving paycheck. Calif.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about not receiving paycheck. Calif.

My paycheck was to be at my store 10/20 with all the rest. For some reason my was not there upon receiving the checks. I contacted payroll department of my employer on Monday (10/24). I was told check WERE sent as far as they could tell. They told me those checks would be cancelled and new ones would be issued the following day (10/25) and be at my store Wednesday(10/26) via our company's distribution truck. So I call and speak with my store manager on (10/26) and they said they mail bag they would have been in was "lost" or sent to another store. I called my store manager back today again and I was told they hadn't heard anything yet. So at this point, Im just wondering what actions, if any I can take. This is a bit of an annoyance, I'm not in dire need of the money, but it just seems that I am somewhat getting the round-about with this whole situation. If anyone knows if I can do anything, your input would be greatly appreciated. I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. Thanks in advance.

Well, you can file a claim with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement for late payment of wages. However, it is likely that the check will come before they even get to looking at your claim. Has this happened before?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yes it has happened before, not to myself, but to at least one other person I know of.

Comment

Well, one off errors can happen. But if this becomes the standard instead of the norm, and for the majority of employees, not just one or two, I would think the DLSE would want to know that.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X