X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beth3
    replied
    Yes, even when they said not to worry. They still weren't obligated to extend more than 12 weeks of leave to you.

Leave a comment:

• rrtbear
    replied
    Even when I was told not to worry, and that this was out of my control? It just seems unfair. I have moved on, have had another job. But...it still angers me as I was pregnant and had problems that were beyond my control.

Leave a comment:

• Beth3
    replied
    After your 12 weeks of FMLA leave time were exhausted, your employer had no obligation to extend any further leave time to you. Consequently, replacing you and terminating your employment was not unlawful.

Leave a comment:

• rrtbear
    started a topic FMLA--Michigan

FMLA--Michigan

I worked for a large homecare company and was granted FMLA for my pregnancy due to complications I was having and directions from my doctor to be on bedrest. When put on bedrest I spoke with my boss regarding the fact that counting the weeks I would be out before the birth and then having her and then the recovery(assuming it was normal...which it ended up not being) I would be off more than 12 weeks. She let me know that there was no worry and to just take care of myself and my job would be here when I got back. I ended up having every complication you could after a c-section and was off a total of 16 weeks. Before I was even released to go back my boss called and left a voicemail(can you believe that) and told me I was fired and someone else was taking my job. Do I have any rights? Were they at fault? I kept her informed the whole time as far as my condition like FMLA states you must and every time was told do not worry.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X