Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation day after holiday not allowed?

I work in the corporate office of a large retailer in Indiana. The day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year for us. For the past couple of years our company has required corporate employees to work the day after 4 hours at one of our stores and 4 hours in the office. If the employee is visiting relatives out of state that employee is required to work in the store closets to their location. My question if the employee has vacation time accrued is it legal not to let them use it on this day? I have worked with the company over 10 years and feel I would like to take the holiday as well as the day after and include it into a vacation, however this is not allowed. Although, I should add last year there were a handful of employees who did get to have this day off. What are your thoughts?

My question if the employee has vacation time accrued is it legal not to let them use it on this day? Yes. Paid vacation is a voluntary benefit offered by the employer and vacation scheduling requests by employees is always subject to the convenience of the employer.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X