This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving Alcohol

I'm 18 years old; so that means I can serve alcohol right? But am I allowed to go inside the bar and open up the beer or wine?

There are also other employees that are only 16 years old; they do the same thing like me also.

I understand that we're not allowed to do this? If I do report... do I get in trouble also? Or just the owner?

If I do want to report; where do I report to?

Thanks!!!

I'm from North Carolina.

I believe you have to be 21 to serve and/or sell alcohol. No, you won't get in trouble if your report this - the owner will. You report the violation to your State's liquor licensing authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3
      I believe you have to be 21 to serve and/or sell alcohol. No, you won't get in trouble if your report this - the owner will. You report the violation to your State's liquor licensing authority.

Thank you. From what I know... you can serve alcohol at the age of 18 but you are just not allowed to be in the bar.

Comment

Wow. That took some doing to find this information but it appears that in NC, violations should be reported to North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission. Here's their website: http://www.ncabc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3
          Wow. That took some doing to find this information but it appears that in NC, violations should be reported to North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission. Here's their website: http://www.ncabc.com/

thank you so much Beth!!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X