This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting paid for vacation upon leaving

In Maryland, is it against labor laws to not pay an employee for earned vacation time upon giving notice of leaving. I have earned approx 91 hours and my employer is stating they do not pay for vacation not taken upon notice.. that it is not terminal benefit?? Just want to know if anyone knows that this is legal or not.

Maryland requires that earned but unused vacation be paid out on termination. If your employer refuses to pay, you can contact MD's Department of Labor to file a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3
      Maryland requires that earned but unused vacation be paid out on termination. If your employer refuses to pay, you can contact MD's Department of Labor to file a complaint.
      Thanks Beth, do you know of a link to the MD labor dept. stating such?

Comment

A little clarification is that if the company policy provides for forfeiture if certain conditions apply, for example, you don't give two weeks' notice and you were not informed of that condition, then the company does not have to pay. See the law here:
        http://www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/wa...usedvacpay.htm
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X