This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direct deposit or no longer work here

arkansas,was told dd or no longer work here. i found AR law that says you cannot be forced to direct deposit.you have to submit a letter in writting that you prefer a check.i did so. still told the same thing running out of time.even 2005 employee handbook says dd or check still told the same thing that they changed their policy.get direct deposit or i could not work there.what to do?what to do? what to do?take all the advice i can get please.

Contact the state Dept. of Labor.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Direct Deposit issues

I am facing that very same issue with my employer. I didnt know you had to write a letter, I guess that will be my next move.

But in your case, if you employee handbook says you have a choice, then you should. If your employer states they changed the policy......there might be a law in your state that requires your employer to give employess formal notification of the change. I live in SC and I found that particular law.
      Go to your states Dept of Labor site....and look under payment of wages...or something similar to that. I hope that helps.

If you come across any new info...please let me know!

Mel

Comment

Here is the link to SC labor Law..maybe someone can can clearly interpret this for me....

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t41c010.htm

note SECTION 41-10-40.

Comment

All MAY means is that the employer is allowed to direct deposit your pay instead of giving you a check or warrant. It is silent on whether direct deposit can be forced.

My Payroll Bible tells me that South Carolina requires follows federal Regulation E which set forth the regulations regarding electronic transfers of funds.

Employment or government benefit. No financial institution or other person may require a consumer to establish an account for receipt of electronic fund transfers with a particular institution as a condition of employment or receipt of a government benefit.
          So, my interpretation would be that yes, direct deposit may be made mandatory as long as you get to choose the financial insitution.
          Last edited by Pattymd; 11-20-2005, 01:07 AM.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X