This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA 2 weeks notice

California: Can an owner of a small business Incorporated company sue an employee who gives 2 weeks notice on the grounds that if the owner says that the employee by leaving hurt his business because it is a new technology business and by leaving caused his company to fail or lose money etc. (all would be lies by a shady character) because there is no one else who can do it (even though its pretty standard and an ad can be placed with the skill set requirements and the specifics of the job would just have to be learned if he can get someone else to manipulate)?

Well, anybody can sue almost anybody these days, but, even if this employee finds an attorney to take the case, it'd be a big loss, in my opinion. That concept is the antithesis of "at-will employment", which is the law in every state except Montana, and then even there in some cases.

This guy's blowing it out his hat, and I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Allow him to state it again and then simply laugh in his face.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X