This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labor wage law? ohio

I recently resigned from a large home care corporation for I was promised a manager role and added to the office as acting manager since december. When I would ask my status, the reply was "it is in the works" I was salaried and worked and average of 48 hours weekly due to the demands of the position. I am told I am not eligible for overtime due to my salaried position and the bonus' for the last 3 quarters for I wasn't "management" although it was discussed that the office staff would receive bonuses. Does Ohio carry any laws to help me retrieve what is due to me?

Salaried is only a pay method; it has no legal standing. If your position qualified for exempt status under wage and hour laws, then they do not need to pay you any overtime no matter how many hours you worked. The company does not have to include you in their bonus plan if they don't wish to.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X