Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Employeer Stop paument on my check....HELP

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employeer Stop paument on my check....HELP


    I worked very briefly for a company named, They are with holding my paycheck, I got paid, but once I left, he stopped payment on my check.
    More of the scenario below,

    I was there for only a about a month but in that short time I was harassed, verbally, talked down too and sexually harassed, he was controlling and manipulating. I work as a web consultant for him. I have a contract he signed stating I will be earning $1000.00 per week.

    I decided to end my term with them, and have paper work to prove the date I resigned form there. I also have witnesses to contents. I ended my term there due to the way things are there, I got my paycheck on Friday the 23rd, in the amount of $1000.00. I went to my bank on that eve, 5:30 pm and cashed the check. I heard from another girl on Monday the 26th, after I told him I wasn’t coming back do to the conditions there, that he put a stop payment on my check, he said to her at that time, this is what will happen to you if you leave here too. I just looked into my account Friday the 30th and noticed that the check had bounced and I need to know what to do about this.. I am not sure what to do or what steps to take? I called my bank and yes, he put a stop payment on it on Monday the 26th, now that is after the fact of me cashing the check?
    The check is for $1000.00 and I am now negative in my account... There is more to this guy, I think everything he does is wrong... I have witness saying he paid me, and that he put stop payment on my check because he said "I am a b*tch" I do not know what direction to go...

    Please help me on this situation.
    Catherine [email protected]
    Junior Member
    Last edited by catwomanseven; 09-30-2005, 11:15 AM.

  • #2
    OK, quick message. Immediately edit your post to delete the name and address of the company, and your name and address. VERY BAD IDEA to put this information on a public bulletin board.

    I'll be back to answer your question later.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      File a claim for unpaid wages with the state Dept of Labor, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      • #4

        I took out that information.. thank you!


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.