X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overbearing supervision or other misuse of power

OHIO

Is there a law against overbearing supervision or other misuse of power?
    -----------------------------
    do this, don't do this, do that, oh don't do that.. now work over there, no wait let someone else do that.....

dude, you never finish anything.. you "care less" about your job, we can't use person who never finish anything.
    -----------------------------

Nope, it's not illegal. Your best bet is to pursue this problem through in-house methods.

Comment

overbearing supervision or other misuse of power

Thank you.
      Can you recomend one or two in-house method?

The manager is constatly walking around and asking people what they are doing and why they are doing it. If the employee isn't at their cubicle/desk he is Calling on cell phone.
      Should this be left alone as "his style" or should this be brought to the attention to HR?
      Thnx again
      Last edited by epekarik; 09-14-2005, 05:22 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Nothing he is doing is illegal and even if you bring it to HR, if they do not feel it is inappropriate they have no obligation to do anything about it. I can think of situations in which what he is doing is entirely appropriate, as a matter of fact.

If you think otherwise, you are free to bring it to the attention of his boss or to HR (the in-house methods Sockeye was talking about). Just be aware that there is no guarantee anything is going to change.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thank you. I'm gald I asked before acted. I guess it is more of annoyance than illegal.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X