Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Please help. ? about compensation when employer cut notice short.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please help. ? about compensation when employer cut notice short.

    My husband is a salary manager in Oklahoma. He gave notice and is taking a new job. He was able to give 1 1/2 week notice. He worked 5 days and on the sixth, DM met him there, and told him that the higher ups had decided to make that day his last day. He was not told why and honestly, did not ask. Two questions:

    1) He is owed 1 week paid vacation. He called payroll person, at home office, prior to giving notice. She says he would be paid, even if fired. Are they legally bound to pay him?

    2 He was never given an exit interview and had every intention off working out the notice. Is the company obligated to pay him through his notice? His new company actually suggested that they are.

    Any suggestions/links are greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    I could not find any requirement in OK Wage and Hour laws that require payment of accrued vacation at termination. But is sounds like the company policy is to pay it.

    Also, the employer is not required in any state to pay out a resigning employee's notice if they decide to accept the resignation immediately, or at any time prior to the employee's stated last day. His new employer is wrong, although some companies do it for morale purposes, if nothing else.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.