This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mileage

i live in TN and work for a company in CT. I am an employee not a independant contractor and i am 100% commission. They make all of my appts. and tell me where and when to go and fax them to me daily. They require us to have a fax, cell phone and to run appts upto 100 miles.
    They do not pay for anything and will only pay milliage if an appt. is over 100miles one way. ex. 204 mile trip= only 4 mile reimbursment @ 0.32 per mile.

Is this legale?
    i leave from home and go stright to an appointment. The only reason we have cell phones is so the company can call us when the want. customers do not call or fax me.

thanks for any advice.

zan

There is no law in Tennessee requiring that the employer reimburse you for business-related expenses at all.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Pattymd,

Can one take the unreimbursed car expenses off one's income tax somehow?
      Thanks!
      Anj

Comment

Generally speaking, yes. However, I believe the amount must exceed 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income. See here:
        http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2106ez.pdf
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X