This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal business going on....

Hello, I just recently quit a business because the employer was making me take money out of employees checks for no reason, and sometimes he had me put the money into his own check, he was also at times telling me not to pay all employees for overtime worked. Not only that but he employ's illegall's and abuses them by not paying them all the hours worked. What can be done about this?

You can report him to the appropriate government agencies: Your State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division on the pay violations and to the INS for his hiring of individuals not authorized to work in this country.

Comment

Is there a way I can do it annoimously, I am scared of this guy.

Comment

The agencies in question are not likely to pay a whole lot of attention to an anonymous tip, but they aren't going to go out of their way to tell the owner where they got their information either.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X