This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio

is it legal to work 6-8 hours without getting a break?, I get a 20 min. lunch break, but no breaks before that. we work straight through, this week I am in training so I have to work days, I worked 6 hrs. without a break before we went to lunch at 11:50 am. Is this legal? Thanks , we start work at 6 am and work until 2:20 pm .

Yes, it is legal. Neither Federal nor Ohio law requires that you be given any breaks at all.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Ohio

Thank you for answering my question, they allow smoking in the building where I am working, I am around people that smoke all day, the smokers have rights, how about the ones that do not smoke. I have to inhale second hand smoke all day. That does not seem fair to me. We have rights too , the ones that do not smoke. Thanks again for answering me..Dipper98_99

Comment

Unfortunately, the state of Ohio also has no laws regulating smoking in the workplace.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

ohio

I figured that, but it is really hard to work in a place where there is smoking and you do not smoke and you inhale the second hand smoke. He is coping with it. But I think they are doing that so the workers do not complain about not having any breaks..Thanks again for you answer it is appreciated.

Comment

I don't blame you in the least. I am mildly allergic to cigarette smoke myself - if I were in your shoes I would almost have to find another job. Wish I could give you a different answer but the fact is, Ohio has very weak employment laws in some respects.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X