Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Drug Testing Ohio

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drug Testing Ohio

    I have recently accepted an offer for employment for a private company in Columbus Ohio. While applying for the position the company made me sign various forms allowing them to perform criminal and background checks. However, they did not make me sign anything regarding drug testing and have not mentioned it at all during or after the interview process. Their application also did not mention anything about a drug testing policy. Does this mean that they will not require drug testing??? I do not want to show up on the first day and be told to go take a urine test. Do they have to give me advance warning if they are planning to test or is it perfectly legal to drug test without first notifying employees that they will do so?? Thanks!!!

  • #2
    The state of Ohio allows an employer to qualify for a discount on their workers compensation premiums by participating in a drug-free workplace program. IF your employer is participating (we have no way of knowing whether they are or not) then they MUST drug test all new employees within 90 days.

    This link will provide you with additional information. Please note that the information in this link is designed for employers, not employees.

    Is there some reason why you are so concerned about drug testing?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.