Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

what can i do

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what can i do

    the business i work for has not paid me my back wages since january, 2005. i am a waitress and i make very good tips and i know the company has been going through financial difficulties. but they have hired alot of new people and they have been paying them. two months ago i was given the position of diningroom manager with an increase in wages. just in those two months they owe me $2,485. that is not including back checks from january and now they have cut my hours from 60/week to working 1-2 days per week. what can i do?

  • #2
    a) Contact your State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a claim for your unpaid wages.

    b) Start looking for a new job. I don't know what's going on with your present employer but the situation does not bode well for your future job security and financial stability.


    • #3
      thank you beth3 for your quick response to my situation. i will be taking your advise. i plan on filing charges with the labor board for my back wages as well as looking for a new job. thank you again.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.