This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i do

the business i work for has not paid me my back wages since january, 2005. i am a waitress and i make very good tips and i know the company has been going through financial difficulties. but they have hired alot of new people and they have been paying them. two months ago i was given the position of diningroom manager with an increase in wages. just in those two months they owe me $2,485. that is not including back checks from january and now they have cut my hours from 60/week to working 1-2 days per week. what can i do?

a) Contact your State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a claim for your unpaid wages.

b) Start looking for a new job. I don't know what's going on with your present employer but the situation does not bode well for your future job security and financial stability.

Comment

thank you beth3 for your quick response to my situation. i will be taking your advise. i plan on filing charges with the labor board for my back wages as well as looking for a new job. thank you again.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X