This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up tax percentage???

A fellow employee of mine had a problem with their last paycheck. Its seems as though the percentage taken out by the state (or whatever else takes taxes out of our paychecks) was raised. I guess the normal rate (whatever it is now a days) was raised to a higher percentage than what it should be normally. The total of what the check was susposed to be was around $400, and what was taken out was $230. You do the math.

But the question that i want to know is, is that all of the managers are saying that its a "tax related problem" and that "youll get the money back when you file for your taxes". Is this true? Does one have to wait all that time to get money that is rightfully yours back? Is there anything that one can to go speed up the process, or is there anyone i can go to that will help me out with this in a civilized manner????

Please let me know ASAP...Thank you

But the question that i want to know is, is that all of the managers are saying that its a "tax related problem" and that "youll get the money back when you file for your taxes". Is this true? Yes. Any taxpayer who has taxes overwithheld during the course of the year will receive the money back after they file their taxes. It's called a refund.

Does one have to wait all that time to get money that is rightfully yours back? Is there anything that one can to go speed up the process, or is there anyone i can go to that will help me out with this in a civilized manner???? The proper thing to do is for the employer to recalculate what the proper taxes should have been and straighten it out on a subsequent payroll. I'm not a payroll person so I can't tell you whether they HAVE to do that though. You can give your State's Department of Labor or State Internal Revenue Service a call and see what they say.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X