This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable Accomodation for stress?

I have an employee that is unwilling or medically unable to be supervised by me because of stress. She claims, stress that I have caused her when confronting her regarding misconduct. As I understand it, changing supervisors is not a reasonable accomodation. Are there cases supporting this? Advice?

I am a federal gov't supervisor in Michigan.

Thanks, Jason

Whether or not changing supervisors can be a reasonable accomodation is situation specific. If there is another supervisor that she can be switched to without causing any business difficulties there's no reason you can't do it.

However, that's getting way, way ahead of the situation. It sounds more to me as if, having been accused of misconduct, the employee is trying to get out of trouble by claiming stress under the mistaken belief that this will in some way protect her job and/or her employment without having to take responsibility for her actions. Does this sound like an accurate assessment of the situation? If so, she's in for a big surprise (and she isn't going to like it).

Please provide additional detail.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X