This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about salary pay

I live in Junction City Kansas. Last November I accepted a job driving a toter, pulling moble homes for a company in Ogden Kansas, about 15 min. away. The owner told me he would pay me a salary of $350 a week, regardless of how many days I work. I happidly took the job because at the time I was pulling a dump trailer, and that day I was losing pay due to weather. So I figured that a set income each week would be great, especially considering winter hadn't even set in yet. I was there for three weeks, and on Thanksgiving week, I found out that he lowered the pay down to $70 a day, not $350 a week. I am wondering if this is legal? I just recently quit this job because of a major disagreement, at which time he has already given me a raise to $400/$80 a day. Needless to say, I am having a royal problem getting my last check from him. To give you a character description of the owner and his wife, they tend to get revenge on anyone who quits them. For example, I found out after I got hired, one of the drivers before me purchased a toter of his own and started his own business. During my employment there, I have seen the boss and his wife try to hurt the guy's business just because he quit. I have met the guy personally quite a few times and found out that he doesn't do anything to these people, he just runs his own business. Upon finding out how they are, I already knew I would be running into problems with them. The only laws I found are for managers and upper class people. Please tell me there are laws somewhere that would protect regular laborors and truck drivers.
    Thank you, Edwin
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X