This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in PPE dates

Our Oklahoma company changed is PPE dates.. We pay biweekly, have mostly exempt empl, we gave 3wks notice, paid empl for one week then went to the new PPE cycle. Is there a source that says how much notice should be given, or what kind of implications there are to changing the PPE dates?

I have an associate that says that they are going to be shorted by one week of pay this year because of the change. (They aren't really going to be shorted, but one of our normal 26 PPE is only one week long and the other week goes into wages for next year since the change). .... Surely there is something that allows for companies to change their PPE dates, I just cannot find it.

You won't find any law that allows it, you just won't find any law that prohibits it. Ergo, it's OK. In some states, I think that a certain amount of notice must be given, but I'm not 100% positive about that.

In any case, you should provide a very clear and straightforward example of how the changeover took place and how this will affect their pay at year-end. Note that an "annual salary", short of a valid, enforceable contract, does not mandate the the amount be paid in a given calendar year. The employee earns an annual salary and as long as it is paid within the pay frequency mandates the state allows, there is no legal issue.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

That makes me feel better, Thank you for your time.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X