This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone sale/ unpaid commission

I am an inbound phone sales agent in AZ. My company has just introduced a new phone time management program. Long story short, if your phone sign on time falls below 98% in any given week, no commission. Today I lost $400.00 in commission because my sign on time was 97.4%. I manage myself and found a large discrepancy between my documented time and my companies documented time. I argued my case and provided detailed evidence of my phone time. Despite my efforts I was denied $400.00. My main argument being is; I don't make sales when I am off the phone so why is my commission garnished? Why not deduct the minutes from my hourly worked wages. Take the 8.5 cents for every minute I am off the phone versus my $400.00. I have a disorder that requires daily medication. Unfortunately, my medication causes me to urinate more frequently. Is this right? I am frustrated! I should be able to use the restroom when necessary, instead I am contemplating wearing depends... or maybe I should get a cathadar? All sarcasm aside, I feel like I am being ripped off.

Can my employer legally do this?

Deductions

They can as long as you continue to make minimum wage after the deduction and your employer has received your approval for such deductions. Perhaps, you were notified of the deduction at the time you were hired.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X