Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

paycheck lost

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LConnell
    Lost paycheck in California

    In California, your former employer has the obligation to ensure that you are paid, even if it means that they get you the money while you sign something that says that you will pay the money back should you get paid twice. If your employer is not assisting you, you can go to the California DLSE for assistance. Their website is at:

    Leave a comment:

  • Beth3
    Contact the employer immediately and ask them to put a stop payment on your check and issue you a new one. They won't issue a new check until the bank confirms the first check was never cashed. If it was cashed, then you'll know that your check was stolen and your signature was forged. You'll want to work directly with the bank and the police on that. But it's also possible your check was merely lost in the mail and never cashed. It happens.

    Leave a comment:

  • Aishe
    started a topic paycheck lost

    paycheck lost

    I worked for a private small business in California and left it 2 months ago. My employer says he mailed my last paycheck to me but I have not received anything.

    Since I also moved in the meantime, I am wondering if it got lost and whether someone else cashed my paycheck? Is that possible? What can I do?

    I have put in an investigation for the envelope through USPS. Should I go ahead with a claim with the Labor Dept.?

    My paycheck was issued through a paycheck company separate from my employer and they won't tell me if it was cashed unless I go through my employer.

    I am very concerned, anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Aishe; 06-02-2005, 08:35 AM.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.