X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working from home...

Colorado

First off are public holidays such as Memorial day required to be paid at time and a half? Im assuming not...we did receive pay last year for time and a half, but this year we did not, nothing has ever been given in writing.

Secondly, the company I work for, all employees except corporate level employees are based from home. Worked for them for 2 years. Recently they are requiring any folks that are out of state to get unlimited long distance or not be an employee any more. This was not mentioned to me when I was hired 2 years ago. I will be moving to another state, therefore will incur a new monthly charge, can they change things like that on a whim, giving a month's notice?

Is there a minimum amount of hours that must be scheduled in a given shift? Many times they will schedule some for say 1 hour, then 2 hours off then another hour, etc...obviously this would never be done in a brick and mortar environment, is this legal though?

Thanks In Advance...

Based on the information you have provided, I believe no laws are being violated by the employer.
    In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Comment

First off are public holidays such as Memorial day required to be paid at time and a half? Im assuming not...we did receive pay last year for time and a half, but this year we did not, nothing has ever been given in writing. Public holidays apply to public employees - i.e. those that work for the government, as well as the banking industry. Your employer isn't required to observe any holidays at all, nor are they required to provide premium pay if you work on a holiday.

Secondly, the company I work for, all employees except corporate level employees are based from home. Worked for them for 2 years. Recently they are requiring any folks that are out of state to get unlimited long distance or not be an employee any more. This was not mentioned to me when I was hired 2 years ago. I will be moving to another state, therefore will incur a new monthly charge, can they change things like that on a whim, giving a month's notice? Yes. They don't have to give any notice at all if they don't wish to.

Is there a minimum amount of hours that must be scheduled in a given shift? No.

Many times they will schedule some for say 1 hour, then 2 hours off then another hour, etc...obviously this would never be done in a brick and mortar environment, is this legal though? Yes, it's legal.

Comment

You are getting notice, so you can quit if you do not like it. If there are work expenses that are not paid for or reimbursed by the employer, you can deduct them on your taxes if you itemize.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X