This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary cut to minimum wage?

First let me thank anyone in advance for any assistance. i recently walked out on a salary position at a local taco bell. i told them two weeks before that i was no longer interested in working 50 hours a week, and that they should make me a shift manager instead(hourly). well the two weeks passes and i still and scheduled for fifty hours. i walked without notice. can they cut my pay to minimum wage for the last two weeks? (florida). any assistance would be much appreciated i dont want to pay a lawyer for advice when it will probably be more then it is worth.

Walking Out of a Shift

You don't have a legal basis upon which to complain, especially since you walked out on a shift.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

thank you for responding. i appreciate you giving me insight into the matter from a legal standpoint.

Comment

BTW, to the best of my knowledge, Florida is the only state where they do not have to give you prior notice of reducing your wages.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X