This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employee room and board california

I own an adult residential facility for adults with developmental disabilities. I have two staff members (husband and wife) who have requested to live at the facility. Assuming that they will work more hours, and be paid at the appropriate overtime rates, am I able to deduct the cost of room and board from their wages. If so, what is the fair rate for an individual(s) who has total access to all the amenities, food, car etc.
    Curiously,
    Alex

Residential Managers

The question of whether the deduction is legal or not depends upon who is benefitting from the arrangement. If it is a case where they are required to live at the facility, then you may not able to deduct for room and board. However, if you offer it to them as a convenience, it may be. You should talk with the state about this matter and get their opinion. http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSE/dlse.html
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X