This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI--Co-Worker Attacking My Professionalism

I recently inherited the IT position in our company. As part of my new job responsibilities I maintain the e-mail system and help troubleshoot computers. This employee asked for my help and in running troubleshooting on her computer, a program that she used was deleted. In the regular maintenance of our e-mail system, I deleted an employee who is no longer with the company. The deleted employee had shared her e-mail address book with the person who is attacking me and as a result of me deleting the employee, the address book was removed. These things have happened in the normal course of me doing my job, but she thinks I did them deliberately and that I lack the detachment and professionalism needed for this position. As a result she has sent an e-mail to my boss telling him these very things. I believe she is trying to get me fired and I wonder if there is any recourse I can take to difuse the situation. She doesn't like me because I took the position when the former IT person passed away and they were friends. I feel like I have been attacked. Any suggestions?

Course of Action

As you may guess, there really isn't any practical legal remedy. However, you can certainly pursue this internally. Go to your HR Department and your manager, asking for their advice. You will accomplish several things. First of all, they may be able to provide you good advice that you can use. Second, they may interpret this action on your part that you are not trying to be vindictive.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X