Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Reimburse Medical Premiums

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reimburse Medical Premiums

    I am returning to work this week, but was just offered a part time job where I can bring my baby with me to work. I'm afraid that if I quit at my current job they will make me reimburse the amount paid for health insurance premiums while I was gone on Maternity Leave/FLMA.
    I have already received an invoice from my employer for the balance of Medical and Dental deductions while I was on Maternity leave/FMLA (my time was unpaid therefore my employer was unable to deduct from my check for medical and dental).
    I looked into the Company Policy book and it states 'if the employee chooses not to return to work for reasons other than a continued serious health condition, the employee is required to reimburse the amount paid for the employee's health insurance premium during the leave period.' But they don't say for how long an employee has to return before they aren't responsible to reimburse. Is there a state law for AZ that states an employee has to return for a certain amount of time? And if its up to the employer, because they didn't specify how londgdoes it matter? I was planning on returning to work for a week and half and then give a two week notice and explain that I would perfer to care for my child rather than daycare.
    I want to know the laws......
    Thank you!!

  • #2
    Return to Work

    If it can be shown that you had intended to work and you do return for a few weeks and then you give notice, your employer will not be able to recover those monies.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.