This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime And Sick Pay

I am scheduled to work 47.5 hours a week. I am told that I would recieve salary pay. I have no problem working the 47.5 hours per week at a set pay per week, however if I have to leave early due to illness, those hours not worked are counted against my 5 days allocated sick time. If I exceed the total hours allocated for sick time, (5 days at 8 hours, total 40 hours), or any other reason, I am docked for those hours not worked. It doesnt seem right and I would like to know what the law is pertaining to this. Typically I work from 7:30 am to 6:00Pm with one hour for lunch. If I were to leave at
    3:00PM due to illness (not taking a lunch) I am docked two hours pay.
    Is this right??
    Last edited by RGK; 05-24-2005, 08:05 AM.

Making up Missing Time with Paid Time Off Benefits

Yes, it is legal.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X