X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract pay in OH

Contract pay in OH

I was working for company A for a little over a year as "contract pay". Or my emploryer did not take taxes. I would file a 1099. But anyway...

On the morning of my last day I was told my services are no longer needed. I, at that time, told my former boss (which is also the owner) that I expected any back pay. On a side note he has been slow paying on time for over 6 months. And for the next 8 business days I went back every day to company A to remind/collect my last few weeks of back pay. Each day I recived a different excuse. This last try of collecting I said this is unsatisfactory. He said it was my fault. I asked him why he thought that. He processed to yell at me. I said he does not need to be yelling at me. He then turned around and slamed the door. I then left.

My question would be, is there anything I can do? Is there any legal action I can take if he does not pay?

Thanks

If you were an employee, you could probably file a wage claim thru the Ohio Dept of Labor, but as a contractor, you likely will have to sue the owner for unpaid wages or pay.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X