This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything that can be done?

Ok I worked at a factory for two years. It was a well known fact that there was a major lay off coming. Well I was on vacation for a week. And when I got back to work. I worked one day. and the next day I was fired. They brought up things that happened when I was temp and things that had never been verbally or written warnings. Well I filed for my unemployment and they fought me for it. Luckily I won.

I got a new job less than a month ago. I was moved to full time about two weeks ago. In the handbook I was given, it stated that verbal and written warnings would be given. My boss, the managers son walked around high all the time, and never took time to point out mistakes or even train me properly and so i had worked a full week up to that Friday and I was called into the office, and blamed for things I didn't do. When I tried to explain he just said its not working out and let me go. IS that considered wrongfully discharged? Or am I totally misundestanding. Just having this done for the second time I was curious.

I live in Alabama for the state laws and everything
    Last edited by AlabamaMP; 05-14-2005, 09:30 PM.

Warnings and Termination

You can fight the termination if the handbook said that an employee will always receive warnings prior to termination and there aren't any clauses in the handbook to modify that commitment. The bad news is that to fight the termination, you may have to take your case to court as there isn't any agency that would accept your claim and then argue the termination on your behalf. That can be expensive and, most probably, you will need the guidance of an attorney. If I was in your shoes, I would move on and find another position.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X