Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pointed out Illegality, made things worse! (CT)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointed out Illegality, made things worse! (CT)

Our new boss evolved from 'motivation by nitpicking' into ridiculously interpreting laws. For example, 'By LAW we MUST take 30 min lunch.' Interpreted: '29 min is ILLEGAL, 31 min is 'tardy'. You can be disciplined for either'. And the list goes on..

Out of frustration, we decided to read the laws...to discover our company is non-compliant in several areas! While we chose to keep our mouths shut about past illegalities, we felt it necessary to speak up in the future.

Recently, an incident arose..if I said nothing, I'd be penalized ILLEGALLY. I told my boss NICELY that I must be paid by law. The boss disagreed..until I stated the exact law. It was taken to HR..and I was paid.

Since then...the nitpicking increased..rude (but legal) comments have been added. Very humiliating..and hurtful..having been a stellar employee.

SO...do I have rights? Is this considered retaliation? Should I document? Is there unemployment if I left due to this? HELP! I am in need of some answers here. THANKS!

Retaliation

It could be seen as retaliation. You can file a complaint with the state. Refer to: http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/wgwkstnd/wgemenu.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X