This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon

Alrighty. I've posted before about my lovely job but lets say it once more. I put in my two weeks notice - my job canceled my insurance without telling me. Further More, they didn't offer me the choice to resume my health insurance through COBRA ----> THey also plan on not paying me until the next pay day. I know there are so many law breaks there. How do i Go about fixing this hairy situation.

Oregon,

Final Pay

Oregon says:
    Final Paychecks
    If an employee quits with less than 48 hours notice, excluding weekends and holidays, the paycheck is due within five days, excluding weekends and holidays, or on the next regular payday, whichever comes first. ORS 652.140(2)

Example: An employee quits without notice on Monday, one week before Labor Day. The final check must be paid by the Tuesday after Labor Day, unless a regular payday occurs before that date.

If an employee quits with notice of at least 48 hours, the final check is due on the final day worked, unless the last day falls on a weekend or holiday. In that case, the check is due on the next business day. ORS 652.140(2) &(3)
    Example: An employee gives three days notice that Saturday will be the last day worked. The final check is due on Monday. Example: An employee gives two days notice that Friday will be the last day worked. The final check is due on Friday.

Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X