This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl

Do I have to pay for Uniforms if Management requires that they be worn. I'm located in the state of MI. Thank you in advance for any help
    Last edited by wt8f; 05-09-2005, 03:57 PM.

Unifoms

Yes, as long as you continue to be paid at a rate of minimum wage, after the uniform is taken into consideration. Further, if the uniform is unique from other employers and from clothing that can be used in every day situations, the employer is required to make sure that the cost of care does not cut into the minimum wage rate.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Carl

Thank you for the information. It was helpful. Can you please send a reference to where you found this information, such as a website? I work for a golf course and management wants different shirts for specific jobs, The shirts have company logos on them if that is of any help. Thank you.

Comment

Uniforms

You can read about it at: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs16.htm
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X