• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    LConnell

• LConnell
    replied
    Unpaid meal break

Your employer has the authority to schedule your rest and meal periods.

Leave a comment:

• Raydonna97

• Raydonna97
    replied
    I do not get paid for my one-hour meal break. I am asking if I must work 4 hours before I can take my unpaid meal/lunch break. The Administrator of my Department insists that this is a U.S. Labor law.

I want to take my unpaid one-hour meal break after working 3 hours. Is this against any law?

Leave a comment:

• LConnell

• LConnell
    replied
    Time of the Rest Period

Your employer does that the authority to determine when it wants you to take a break, as long as that requirement is within the law. In your case, it sounds like your employer is within the law. You can read more about it at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_RestPeriods.htm

Leave a comment:

• Raydonna97

• Raydonna97
    started a topic When You can Take Lunch Break in CA

When You can Take Lunch Break in CA

I am a weekly employee working in California from 8am to 5pm. I was told I msut work at least 4 hours before I can take my lunch break. The administrator told me this is a policy with the U.S. Department of Labor standards.

I would much prefer if I can take a lunch break at 11:00am.

Please reply.

Thank you.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X