This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You can Take Lunch Break in CA

I am a weekly employee working in California from 8am to 5pm. I was told I msut work at least 4 hours before I can take my lunch break. The administrator told me this is a policy with the U.S. Department of Labor standards.

I would much prefer if I can take a lunch break at 11:00am.

Please reply.

Thank you.

Time of the Rest Period

Your employer does that the authority to determine when it wants you to take a break, as long as that requirement is within the law. In your case, it sounds like your employer is within the law. You can read more about it at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_RestPeriods.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I do not get paid for my one-hour meal break. I am asking if I must work 4 hours before I can take my unpaid meal/lunch break. The Administrator of my Department insists that this is a U.S. Labor law.

I want to take my unpaid one-hour meal break after working 3 hours. Is this against any law?

Comment

Unpaid meal break

Your employer has the authority to schedule your rest and meal periods.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X