This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• singled out due to family.

I have been with a company here in OH for about 7 1/2 years. MY wife at one point was an employee as well as my Sister in law. I hold a supervisor position and my wife (in a seperate department) and Sister in law are associates. My wife at one point was asked to resign or be fired. when told that her boss advised her to talk it over with me. I have nothing to do with this and was not happy that they put me in the middle.
    A while later they were asking my Sister in law to start working weekends. they advised her that she should come to me and have me babysit her children. another situation where i am not involved but because i'm a family member im put in the middle.

then this past week I was being questioned about an incident at work that I was not directly involved in but wtinnessed the incident. That same day all the supervisors had an offsite that was optional, half of my peers did not have to attend. i was told that I had to attend the offsite (dinner and a football game). i explained that due to being questioned 2x's that I was upset about how the situation was handled and would rather just stay and finish my shift. they told me it was in my best intrist to attend.

Part of me feels they are not out to get me but making stupid decisons. Do I have any ground?

Family

I don't believe that Ohio has any law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of family. If you were to refuse attendance, you may be disciplined, up to and including termination. The reason I say so is because it sounds like you have been asked to attend is because of your position, rather than any personal traits.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X